Monday, November 5, 2012


Hi! I’m Nicole. I’m 22 and I’m a geek with a particular admiration for DIY crafts of the nerdy nature. Recently, I realized I should spend time doing some of the projects I gawk at on Pinterest instead of just repinning them..and yet I don’t have much technical background. That’s okay though because I use the wondrous invention that is the internet to learn about how to make things that interest me!

I’ll be having surgery soon so I have plenty of down time and I really wanna use this time to take a look at interesting crafts that are spreading through Pinterest, Craft Gawker, Craftster and other sites to recreate it hopefully with my own style.


I love crafts, but I tend to make geeky ones, for particular fandoms. Anything Doctor Who, Star Wars, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead (the list could go on for so long) related really gets me excited. I’m a gamer, a cosplayer and a serious Sci Fi/ Fantasy fan so I generally try to keep my crafts in the crafty arena so they can appeal to people like me who just can’t get enough geeky things. 



Mostly, I want to do crafts that anyone can do, and that don’t require crazy equipment or amazing technical skills. I began learning to sew by making a plushie doll, then taught myself applique and now I wish to learn embroidery. 


I have plenty of craft related books and sites to learn from & I hope to share the knowledge that I learn and techniques with other beginner crafters like me! 
I’d also like to note that I’m a huge fan of the upcycling movement. I’m always looking for ways to re-use items that might be considered worth trashing, giving it a new look and new purpose. I frequently check out yard sales and thrift stores for items that I can see myself manipulating or decorating, so I will be certain to feature those projects.

I’ll be making crafts that are inspired by people’s projects online and some that are just my own crazy inventions. My interest in crafts has been peaking lately so I decided to start a blog and an etsy shop! I will probably end up putting most of my projects on the etsy shop, except of course those that I can’t part with! 

Thank you to the few that might read my blog! Please feel free to comment or suggest projects to try or show me how your projects are going! I am an avid Pinterest user and I will be linking to projects I find on there but I would also be happy to mention or promote other crafters whose works I’m especially fond of! Hope you like what’s to come.

- Nicole


1 comment: